Monday, April 25, 2022

ccxxxvi. LLOYD, Charles: Forest Flower: Sunrise/Sunset

ccxxxvi. LLOYD, Charles (1938-       )

Forest Flower: Sunrise/Sunset (1967)
CL, tenor saxophone, flute
Keith Jarrett, piano
Cecil McBee, bass
Jack DeJohnette, drums
(18:01)


from: Forest Flower.





















September 18, 1966.

A lot of stoned hippies got turned onto jazz with this tune. Just read the YouTube comments. My favorite:

"Used to smoke up and lie back in the dark and let it take me away ... a dozen years later I was playing in punk bands while secretly listening to Steely Dan. Go figure!"

and then someone responds:

"Cuz you didn't practice your scales like Keith and Jacky Terrasson did ..."

**

Well, I still practice scales at age 70, and I'll never play like Keith. Listen at 1:16!

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)