Friday, November 12, 2021

lxxii. GANGER, Ted: This Might Be Happiness

lxxii. GANGER, Ted

This Might Be Happiness (2019)
TG, piano. vocal
(6:25)

From Inside and Out.


I've written one song with lyrics in my lifetime -- for my daughter's wedding. It took me six months to write it, because the lyrics and rhymes always sounded corny to my ears. I'm not a songwriter.

But Ted -- who wrote his first song at age 57 -- is a great songwriter. I think of him as a modern-day Schubert, who carefully balances his poetic lyrics with a sophisticated piano accompaniment, which occasionally becomes a solo part.

This is a touching song and should appeal to any of us who sometimes wonder "whether or not we are happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)