Sunday, October 15, 2023

dcclxxiv. WILCO: Common Sense

dcclxxiv. WILCO

Common Sense (2016)

Nels Cline, guitar
Mikael Jorgensen, keyboards
Glenn Kotche, drums
Pat Sansone, guitar, keyboards
John Stirratt, bass
Jeff Tweedy, vocals, guitar
(3:25)

When you're in some bad light
In the climbing flood
And you kneel before them
It's common sense
It's practical
Lay low
One moment I beg
I bolt
On a thousand legs
What you can't say swallow
At the moment I'm bored
Buried more and more and more and more

I slam my finger in the door of love
God damn the judging
Strangers judge
All I want, all that I want
A burning bush
Or
A button to push
A chance encounter
With common sense
Common sense

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)