Friday, July 7, 2023

dclxxiv. WONDER, Stevie: At Last

dclxxiv. WONDER, Stevie (1950-       )

At Last (1969)
SW, harmonica, keyboards, vocals
James Jamerson, bass
Benny Benjamin, drums
(2:50)


from My Cherie Amour


I ain't gotta worry no more
No

At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

Oh, baby
At last
The sky's above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you

I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I could call my own
I found a thrill, to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known

And you smiled
And then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
'Cause you're mine at last
Ooh, baby, woo

Hey

Woo
Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)