Thursday, June 1, 2023

dcxxxviii. KENEALLY, Mike: Race the Stars

dcxxxviii. KENEALLY, Mike (1961-       )

Race the Stars (2016)
MK, guitars, keyboards, vocals
Pete Griffin, bass
Joe Travers, drums
(3:44)


from Scambot 2


This track immediately follows Buzz.

**

Wrangthorn, his evil impulses now mollified by Govin, gets nostalgic about the good times with his old friends, the rest of God. He makes a pitch for joining forces once again.

WRANGTHORN

Well
Well
Well, seeing as how we're good Gods

And bring no cow o' gold
We'll take it back down to atoms
And make it like days of old

It takes some time to unlock
A rock of hate this hard
You've made it and I swear it
I'll embrace the stars
But, you can't bake bread with gunpowder
And, you can't buy Cheech from Chong
I say these things and somehow
They do not serve me wrong

It takes some soul to unwind
The mess that's been put up
What's solved by being unkind
Can take a ride in a Dixie cup
Oh, won't you slide in my easy car
You and I can race the stars
Race the stars
Well

The rest of God aren't having it. They don't trust Wrangthorn any further than they can throw him (which is probably pretty far). Wrangthorn is defiant.

Your eyes aim doubt upon me
Some words you've heard before
You don't and won't condone me
It's best I find the door
But I know for sure
You can fret and kick the tar
People I will race the stars
Come on
Come on
Oh come on

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)