Sunday, November 14, 2021

lxxiv. BARENAKED LADIES: Be My Yoko Ono

lxxiv. BARENAKED LADIES

Be My Yoko Ono (1992)
Andy Creeggan: congas, tambourine, vocals
Jim Creeggan, bass, vocals
Steven Page, lead vocal
Ed Robertson, guitar, vocals
Tyler Stewart, drums
(2:56)

From Gordon.



It seems a fine line whether or not they're making fun of her. Written by Page and Robertson, the song seems to hug that particular line. But one couplet seems to clear everything up:

I know that when I say this, I may be stepping on pins and needles
But I don't like all these people slagging her for breaking up the Beatles

The video is adorable and the music is punchy and these guys can sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)