Thursday, September 9, 2021

viii. SIMON, Paul: The Rhythm of the Saints

viii. SIMON, Paul (1941-       )

The Rhythm of the Saints (1990)
Simon, vocals
Kofi Electrik, guitar
Vincent Nguini, guitar
Tommy Bilson-Ogoe, guitar
Armando Macedo, guitar
Armand Sabal-Lecco, bass
Joao Severo da Silva, accordion
Naná Vasconcelos, percussion
(4:12)


Four years after Graceland, Paul was ready to release yet another masterpiece:

If I have weaknesses
Don't let them blind me
Or camouflage all I am wary of
I could be sailing on seizures of laughter
Or crawling out from under the heel of love

Do my prayers remain unanswered
Like a beggar at your sleeve
Olodumare is smiling in heaven
Smiling in heaven I do believe

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)