Thursday, December 28, 2023

dcccxlviii. DUKE, George: 6 O'Clock Revisited

dcccxlviii. DUKE, George (1946-2013)

6 O'Clock Revisited (2010)
GD, vocals, keyboards
Rashid Duke, "six in the mornin'" voice
Ray Fuller, guitar
(4:27)

Is our love alive -- 6 O'Clock in the morning
You gave no warnin', girl don't you care

Baby love, you can have anyone you want
Is that why you appease me?
Tantalize and tease me?
'Cause I know many a guy knocks on your door
And you always answer
Why do I always seem to choose and lose girl

6 O'Clock in the morning
And you're still not here baby
I can't find you nowhere
You gave no warnin'
Stayin' out late with somebody
Girl don't you care

Baby love, I won't wait till time stands still
Cause there's always another
Somebody's sister or mother
And I know, I'd rather give my time to you
But the clock keeps ticking, it's getting late
Baby I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)