Monday, May 8, 2023

dcxiv. KENEALLY, Mike: Bobeau

dcxiv. KENEALLY, Mike (1961-       )

Bobeau (2012)
MK, guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals
Allen Whitman, vocals
April West, trombone
Marco Minnemann, drums
(5:55)


from Wing Beat Fantastic


Keneally/Partridge

Mourners in a pious pile
Swept the streetlights north of him
The morning, fervent, burnt his bite
And sent him reeling towards a skim
Kept so buoyant, long and trim

Bobeau tried and tried and tried
To sail the seam life offered him
An omen from his starboard side
Sent him trawling towards Berlin
A friend had called him to swerve in

Hell o'er me, Hell o'er me
Hell o'er me, Hell o'er me
Fell on me, fell on me, fell on me, fell on me

Seventy seas, seventy songs
Carefully please lead me steadily on
Heavenly bees heavily armed
Everyone please give it up, give it up,
Give it up, give it up

Send through the sea a morning embrace
Soul-blessed to me by love
Through Falkensee, breath baited with grace
Arriving outside Hennigsdorf
Friend of the sailor, depend on the sailor
Alight as one
Light as one

Lady's scent, essential alloys
Kneel beneath the dark's cold blade
Not beheaded

From the dock they run and hide
The sailor and his soul's true mate
Clearly, really so alive
Ceremony called in haste
Wailing mourners all erased

K'velle, ah K'velle, ah K'velle amour
Fair, fond and rare almond-haired Rico Cerro

Seventy seas, seventy songs
Carefully please keep me steady and strong
Enemy flees, ready go on
Everyone please keep it up, keep it up,
Keep it up, keep it up

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)