Saturday, September 24, 2022

ccclxxxviii. ZAPPA, Frank: Anyway the Wind Blows

ccclxxxviii. ZAPPA, Frank (1940-1993)

Anyway the Wind Blows (1966)
FZ, guitar, vocals
Jimmy Carl Black, drums, percussion, vocals
Ray Collins, vocals, harmonica, percussion
Roy Estrada, bass, guitarrĂ³n, boy soprano
Elliot Ingber, guitars
(2:55)


from: Freak Out!


NOTES ON THE COMPOSITIONS INCLUDED HEREIN: "ANYWAY THE WIND BLOWS" is a song I wrote about three years ago when I was considering divorce. If I had never gotten divorced, this piece of trivial nonsense would never have been recorded. It is included in this collection because, in a nutshell, kids, it is ... how shall I say it? ... it is intellectually and emotionally ACCESSIBLE for you. Hah! Maybeit is even right down your alley.





'Cuz I'm through with a-fightin' and a-fussin' with you ...

Very lovely changes here: IV / I⁶ / ii / vi (C-G/B-Am-Em) ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)