Friday, January 14, 2022

cxxxv. KENEALLY, Mike: Only Mondays

cxxxv. KENEALLY, Mike (1961-       )

Only Mondays (2000)
MK, vocals, guitar, keyboards
Bryan Beller, bass
Marc Ziegenhagen, keyboards
Jason Harrison Smith, drums
Tricia Williams, percussion
Rick Musallam, guitar, vocals
Evan Francis, alto saxophone, flute
Chris Opperman, trumpet
(2:04)

from Dancing.


Mike writes:

"This song was largely dreamed. I awoke one morning, just a couple of weeks before the beginning of the album sessions, with most of the verse and chorus melody and a couple of lines of lyrics including the chorus. I also knew it would be an answer song to The Carpenters' 'Rainy Days and Mondays' (Karen Carpenter being the 'Karen' in the lyrics). The song was completed within about ten minutes of waking up. I thought I had already written everything for the album, but this song insisted on being included, and I'm grateful to it (I like it a lot) ..."

" ... Thank you Oppy (Chris Opperman) for making my Bacharach dreams come true in the trumpet solo!"

A ridiculously fantastic song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe: A Dream

 cmlxxxix. MARTIN, Joe (1970-       ) A Dream (2009) JM, bass Chris Potter, tenor saxophone Brad Mehldau, piano Marcus Gilmore, drums (9:19)